Before we get down to suggested email list to-do’s, there’s one very important point to make. While size matters, it’s the quality of your list that you want to remain focussed on. If you boast a mailing list of 5,000+, it means nada if no one is opening the email.
- Ask subscribers to sign up. Ask everywhere. Ask on your website, your blog, facebook, twitter… wherever you have a physical or online presence.
- Make sure the signup form is simple and easy to complete. The more information you ask of a user, the less likely they are to complete the signup form.
- Provide samples of sought after content, but don’t give it all away. If, for instance, people are coming to your website for your healthy recipes, don’t provide easy access to all the recipes by publishing them on your website. Consider a special, monthly recipe available only to newsletter subscribers.
- Incentivize, but smartly. In order to get quality (again, more important than quantity) subscribers, you should offer something that only people in your niche want. The incentive should be low in dollar cost to you and high in value to the user/subscriber.
- Forget paying for email lists as these rarely result in engaged, interested users.
Follow the above and you’ll be on your way to growing your email list. Contact us today discuss implementing these ideas and more (there’s always more) of what can be done to grow your email list.